15 years ago.....

I saw one of my high school friends post that she's been in her city for 5 years today.  That got me to thinking that tomorrow (October 8) is the 15th anniversary of the day I made the move to Elmira NY.  I actually stayed in a hotel the first week or so until I found my apartment.
I only stayed at WETM TV for a few months (an interesting time in my life that was for sure), but it opened the door to many great opportunities.  I moved down the street from a wonderful church which led me to my wonderful husband.  I was only in Elmira 11 months when I got married.
I have met so many special friends through the years too many to mention.   I've worked at the TV station, been a wife and mom, helped my friend Marion with daycare, helped my friends Mildred and Julie with errands and shopping.  I was a MOPS mom for 4 years, 3 of which I was the Publicity Coordinator.  I now am one of the MOPPET workers.  I've been a children's church teacher, AWANA Cubbies helper, Word of Life Gophers helper and been involved with music ministries.
I've been part of some wonderful churches.  Maple Avenue Baptist (actually twice), North Hector Baptist for a brief time and Glen Baptist plus fellowship with many other great churches through ministries I've been involved with.
Nearly 7 years ago I became a home owner for the first time.  God has blessed me with some wonderful neighbors.   It's neat to watch my daughter Anna visit our neighbors like I used to do with mine when I was growing up.
Life has had it's ups and downs in the 15 years I've been here.  As I said, my job at the TV station only lasted for 8 months.  I've lost some loved ones including my daughter Gabrielle, my Grandma and Grandpa LeSuer, and my mother in law just a few weeks ago.   I've had some health issues.  My children and husband have had some too.  My mom had cancer in 2008. 
Through the good time and bad,  God has shown his faithfulness to me to which I am grateful!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Orchestra

Goodbye CBCA 4/21/26

Senior Citizen Day