Old Mac Donald Had a Farm Day/prayer request
![]() |
| Nate doing the "butter dance" |
The joys of being a stay at home mom....sitting on a charter bus with close to 50 4th graders including my son Nate. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of chaparoning Nate's field trip to the Old Mac Donald education day at our local fairground. It was even educational for me. Did you know that deer has a ruminate type stomach like a cow? I didn't know that.
There is something about the smell of bus fabric and diesel fuel that takes me back 20+ years when I was a college student taking the Trailways and Greyhound buses back and forth to Syracuse NY for my internships at WTVH TV (now part of CNY Central). Back then I was a young woman focusing on starting my TV career. I focused on my career because my ultimate dream of being a wife and mom wasn't coming true.(there's much more I could say about that issue). I would have to wait about 5 years for that to happen.
I have thought about trying to revive my TV career, but then I think of all the special moments I would miss if I was working. I am very content being the wife of Tim and mom to Elijah, Nate and Anna (I am missing my Gabrielle too. She would be a teenager now.)
Fast forward to May 29, 2013, I am living my dream that came true nearly 16 years ago. Watching Nate to the "butter dance" pictured above was a priceless moment. I've also witnessed Anna doing cartwheels all over the place and Elijah playing baseball in the historic Dunn Field. Over the weekend, I was watching the famous baseball player/manager Lou Pinnella being interviewed He said had played at Dunn Field back in the mid 60's. Those are just a few of my many examples of special mother moments I have enjoyed recently. Thanks to the Chemung County Cornell Cooperative Extension, Terps Bus company and Mrs. Avery and the 4th graders for making yesterday one of the best Mommy dad ever!
*PS As much fun as I've had with my kids, my heart is heavy right now for my parents. My dad is having some major health problems right now. He is waiting for a GI specialist to treat some esophogus issues and there are some other issues going on that his primary dr. is trying to figure out. In addition to comfort and strength, please pray he'll find a GI dr. who can get him in quickly. Plus prayers are needed for wisdom for his drs to know what tests to do and to be able to treat him and once all the problems are diagnosed. It's heartbreaking hearing (and seeing on Sunday) my usually active father so sick.

Comments