Sentimental Christmas Memories
When Tim mentioned he wanted a Hormel 3 lb ham for our Christmas dinner, I was thrilled. Memories of my house filled with the aroma of said ham baking in our oven every Christmas morning flooded my mind. YUMMY! I can't wait to pick up on the tradition tomorrow morning.
Some other Christmas memories have been brought back in the past week. My oldest son, Elijah, brought home some Turtle candy from his best friend's house one night. Mike's mom works at the local candy factory that makes the delicious nutty treats. It was a tradition on mine in my Grandma's later years (she's been gone 11 years), to get her a box of Turtles and something with a teddy bear theme.
The same Grandma also liked pretty sweatshirts. I saw some at Kmart when I was there. I bought a beautiful black sweatshirt with a cardinal on it on Saturday. It reminded me of watching my Grandparents feeding peanuts to the cardinals off their back door. It's a tradition my cousin, who lives in their house continues today.
Christmas was such a big deal in my family growing up. Grandma Corwin used to come over Christmas Eve and make her codfish balls and Christmas cookies.. All my grandparents gathered at our house Christmas morning to exchange gifts. I've written on that tradition before. We usually hosted our family Christmas dinner in our living room. Grandma Corwin, Great Grandma Kenyon, My Grandma and Grandpa Le Suer and Grandma's Aunt Emma were our usual guests.
There's also a newer tradition I miss....going to my Mother in Law's and seeing Tim's siblings. Mom Cone has been gone for 3 years. I sure do miss her!!!
I am looking forward to making new memories with my little family tomorrow. I can't wait to see my kids open their presents Tim has carefully picked out for them (and I picked out some pretty earrings for Anna to wear).
Our plans to go to my parents on Saturday are now up in the air. My mom is very sick with a respiratory infection. I'm hoping she'll be better by Saturday so we can get together.
Merry Christmas to all my friends and family!!!
Some other Christmas memories have been brought back in the past week. My oldest son, Elijah, brought home some Turtle candy from his best friend's house one night. Mike's mom works at the local candy factory that makes the delicious nutty treats. It was a tradition on mine in my Grandma's later years (she's been gone 11 years), to get her a box of Turtles and something with a teddy bear theme.
The same Grandma also liked pretty sweatshirts. I saw some at Kmart when I was there. I bought a beautiful black sweatshirt with a cardinal on it on Saturday. It reminded me of watching my Grandparents feeding peanuts to the cardinals off their back door. It's a tradition my cousin, who lives in their house continues today.
Christmas was such a big deal in my family growing up. Grandma Corwin used to come over Christmas Eve and make her codfish balls and Christmas cookies.. All my grandparents gathered at our house Christmas morning to exchange gifts. I've written on that tradition before. We usually hosted our family Christmas dinner in our living room. Grandma Corwin, Great Grandma Kenyon, My Grandma and Grandpa Le Suer and Grandma's Aunt Emma were our usual guests.
There's also a newer tradition I miss....going to my Mother in Law's and seeing Tim's siblings. Mom Cone has been gone for 3 years. I sure do miss her!!!
I am looking forward to making new memories with my little family tomorrow. I can't wait to see my kids open their presents Tim has carefully picked out for them (and I picked out some pretty earrings for Anna to wear).
Our plans to go to my parents on Saturday are now up in the air. My mom is very sick with a respiratory infection. I'm hoping she'll be better by Saturday so we can get together.
Merry Christmas to all my friends and family!!!

Comments