Because He Lives We Can Face Tomorrow

On January 23, 2015 about 3 in the afternoon, our family's life took a big turn.  My dear husband Tim came down with a sudden, severe headache that as of today, August 30, 2015 has not gone away.
He's been at the ER (technically twice), admitted to the hospital, been to our primary doctor, been seen by 2 neurologists and a PA.  He's had 2 CT scans and an MRI and tried mulitple medicines.  Nothing showed up on the scans, no medicine, even an IV medicine stronger than morphine has touched it. He even went through a 3 week program at Cleveland Clinic which incorporated, IV medicine, physical therapy and pschyological sessions.  That didn't work either.  The Pschycologist told me during a family conference call nothing will.  The nerve damage is permament.
He has been diagnosed with a condition called New Daily Persistant Headache along with chronic migranes. It's a diagnosis that brings much frustration.  It is not a well known even by the Cleveland Clinic doctor he saw who is one of the top doctors in the country in the headache field.
It's hard as a wife seeing my husband suffer so much.  He so much wants to live a normal life.  His job is now very challenging.  He loves spending time with the kids.
The next step is to do a nerve block at a local hospital. I'm hoping and praying that is the key to his recovery.

*I had this entry written a couple of months ago, but never finished it.  That's why I have 2 entries for today.

Comments

Just Thinking said…
I better understand what you are all going through now. I pray God's grace for Tim to get through these difficult days, or even better, healing.

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Orchestra

Goodbye CBCA 4/21/26

Senior Citizen Day