Til the storm passes by

The past 24 hours have been pretty scary.   Two severe thunderstorms hit our area between 5-9 PM last night. We got a lot of hail and our roads flooded temporarily.  Many trees were knocked over and uprooted.  Two telephone polls a few blocks away were snapped.  During the second storm we lost power for 5 hours.  My parents and others have also lost power and aren't expected to get it back until tomorrow.
There are tornado warnings for points south of us and severe thunderstorm warnings for our area again tonight.
As I hear thunder in the distance at this moment I am thinking about (and was listening to) "Til the Storm Passes By by Hovie Lister.  It talks of being in the midst of the storms of life and the Lord keeping us safe through it all.  I've had my share of storms in life.  Things have been scary and seemed impossible to get through in one piece at times, but God always have got me through each one.  Even the past few weeks He has shown me through some rough waters.  
The past 4 weeks I've been recovering from my hernia surgery.  I'm almost pain free.  My energy level is still a bit on the low side, but I'm doing much better.  God brought my husband Tim through a relapse of Viral Meningitis he came down with 2 weeks ago. 
Travelling through town today I saw a lot of distruction the wind caused last night.   Thankfully I have heard of no injuries or deaths through all that happened.   Please pray for those here who have had damage to their houses or vehicles.  My prayers are also with all those affected b
y the tornados in Missouri, Kansas and Okahoma the past week.  My heart goes out to them.
http://popularhymns.com/till_the_storm_passes_by.php

Comments

No matter what we're going through, some have it owrse. Thanks for the reminder!

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Orchestra

Goodbye CBCA 4/21/26

Senior Citizen Day