Rejoice in Lord. He makes no mistake.  He knoweth the end of each path that I take.  For when I am tried and purified.  I shall come forth as gold"  Rejoice in the Lord by Ron Hamilton video of song and testimony from Ron above.


This song was written by a man named Ron Hamilton.  At the age of 28, he lost his left eye to cancer.  After the surgery, he was nicknamed "Patch the Pirate," which gave him the idea to start a children's ministry by the same name.  It's the program my church uses.  It was instrumental in bringing my son Nate to the Lord back in January.  He is preparing to get baptized.  He is so excited as am I.   What a blessing!

Rejoice in the Lord...yes we can rejoice in the Lord in the good times, like Nate's salvation, but it's not so easy to do so in the bad times, is it?   I was talking to a friend over the weekend about a tough time her family has been going through.  I told it is hard to understand why God allows bad things to happen like cancer or the death of my daughter Gabrielle 11 years ago.  Why did God allow 5 Amish farmers to be killed in a drunk driving accident yesterday about an hour from me?  That baffles the mind, yet I remember God is in control (Psalm 139:13-16).  
My friend showed me a card she made yesterday it says "God's promises are like stars.  The darker the night, the brighter the light shines."    I absolutely love that thought.  No matter how hopeless the situation seems, God is there to get you though it.  I know many of you are going through some deep trials right now with your own illness or that of a family members.   Please keep your eyes on God and remember that there are many people (including me) who are praying for you.  



Comments

What wonderful words of encouragement--your writing is such a blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Orchestra

Goodbye CBCA 4/21/26

Senior Citizen Day