Introducing Shelly Muffins

Sometimes my common sense goes right out the window. Last week I purchased what I thought was a great deal on unshelled pecans. They were only $1.49. I found it was more trouble than it was worth. First off there was a problem with the self pay register not giving me back the right change leaving the nearby cashier and I very confused.
I decided I wanted to make some banana nut muffins with them, so I attacked the pecans with a hammer. I was quite the happy camper seeing the chopped results, but very upset to discover when I tested the batter that I didn't get all the shells out of the nuts. I remembered thinking that yes, our dental insurance has been improved this year, but I really don't want to test it! This was just the last straw from a mostly bad day.
My husband came home from a night out with our oldest son and tried my creation. "What's up with these shelly muffins?" he asked.
Hmm, Shelly Muffins, that sounds like a good character name for one of my stories. I laughed, but I still was annoyed my otherwise delicious mini muffins were ruined.
Next time I get hungry for banana nut muffins, I'll leave the work to someone else and buy shelled walnuts.

Comments

Sounds like you baked a lot of excitement into your muffins!
LOVED this one Little Sister....been there...done that....you've only just begun! FUNNY! LOL Thanks for making me smile today! xoxoxoxox
Whoops Kim! It says Robert.....it's NOT him.......it's moi....Bonnie! Next time moi will sign it with my name! SORRY.....

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Orchestra

Goodbye CBCA 4/21/26

Senior Citizen Day