Garden Thoughts

Recently, my garden was overcome by weeds. I have to say that they were pretty weeds with beautiful white flowers. I hated to pull them out. However, they were covering up my rhubarb! There was also a wild blackberry vine growing right in the middle of my rhubarb with prickly thorns.  I carefully pulled them out too. What a difference a weeding made! Now my garden is just about bare as I was able to share the rhubarb once I could find it.   The area looks so much better!

Lately, I’ve been trying to weed out some unwanted areas of my life that have crept in. I’ve been trying to take control of my health by watching my diet closer and exercise more. I’ve tried to find creative ways to exercise like taking walks with my husband during his break while the little ones have been at Vacation Bible School. One day I walked with Anna and her class down to their class picnic at the park.

I’ve also tried to get rid of the not so obvious pesky inward things in my life that has taken over such as anger, stress and frustration among others. I have found that is a lot harder than the physical stuff. It hurts like those berry thorns that is for sure, yet I know I need to get those “weeds” out of my life!

With God’s help, I know I can change, and I know I need to let Him continue to work in my heart and mind. Philippians 4:13 (KJV) says “ I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”  I will keep pressing on.  I pray that all of you will find God's strength in whatever you are going through. 

Comments

The weeds in our lives are sometimes hard to identify.

Popular posts from this blog

Nature's Orchestra

Goodbye CBCA 4/21/26

Joy in Trials