Rock vs. Bumper
![]() |
| photo from www.autobodypartsnow.com |
Psalm 18:2 King James Version
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
On Friday afternoon I had a run in with a big rock driving out of a local store parking lot. I had driven in and out of this lot many times in the 2 years it's been open. It was actually the second day in a row I had been to this store....I had forgot cat food for our Lucy the day before.
It was my fault and no one else's. I allowed myself to be distracted by the kids and the other cars around me (I was focusing more on not backing into anything instead of clearing the way to get past the rocks.
I was devastated. I thought of my sweet husband!!!!! We had decided to invest some of our tax return money in replacing our aging Ford Windstar a few days before with a 2005 Saturn Vue. Now I had an accident with the Equinox we bought last year just before it was due for inspection. I broke the front bumper cover. Good thing Tim had our Vue at work with him as we didn't put collision on it yet. Tim made sure I did on my way home.
Thankfully he was very calm as I told him what happened. I was so pleasantly surprised, especially since our first estimate was over $800. The second opinion was about $500 less, so we went with that garage.
Through this literal bumper bender, I got to thinking about how sometimes in my life I have let myself drift toward destruction not paying attention to the dangers in front of me. God's protection kept me from hitting some humongous boulders in life!!!!
On a positive thought, I also thought about God being my Rock. Our choir number this coming week is Hallelujah to the Rock by Ron and Shelly Hamilton. Now running to the Rock...God is a wonderful thing! When all else in life goes wrong, God is there to rely on.
I'm thankful for His protection and his comfort in times of trouble

Comments